We are a group of independent professionals who formed Washington Collaborative Divorce because we believe that the principles of collaborative divorce and interest-based mediation offer the best solutions for nearly every divorcing couple -- no matter the level of conflict, the budget for professional fees, the value of the family's assets, or the ages of the children.
We are committed to the following values:
- Avoiding court to minimize the adversarial effect of the judicial system.
- Managing legal fees to preserve as many assets as possible, to support your financial goals for the future.
- Providing comprehensive support for divorcing couples, including neutral financial analysis and planning, co-parenting support, and legal advice.
- Maintaining connections with (and offering referrals to) top-notch experts -- from vocational advisers and mental health professionals to mortgage brokers and CPAs -- to meet divorcing couples' wide range of needs.
- Holding high standards of professional excellence through an exclusive focus on divorce law.
- Exceeding industry standard requirements for continuing education, in areas focused on our clients' needs: alternative dispute resolution, family law updates, the neurobiology of conflict, and other cutting-edge topics.
- Dedication to continual streamlining of our forms and process, with the primary goal of helping you to have a good and efficient divorce.